Monday, March 21, 2022

It's Been Awhile...

No, not the song by Staind either. That song itself would deserve several posts just on what it means to me.

Today's the day I officially try to rejoin society after a LONG detour Maybe I'll share some of the details of the last 3 years here and maybe I won't. It is generally painful, sometimescrushingly so, but for better or worse it's now part of who I am.

Having said that let me be clear...my recent past is not "WHO I AM" but rather a time where I faced several  challenges and have learned some important things about myself, and those around me. This period of my life is to be learned from and not simply dwelled on.

I am stronger yet more humble. I am more driven yet thankful for all that I have. Above all I am eternally grateful for the small slice of humanity that stood with me during "the troubles". FYI I stole that term from the British. Those of you to which I'm referring know who you are. Suffice it to say that I can never repay your loyalty or ever, ever thank you enough.

Today I have my first job interview in a very long time. Everyone cross your fingers. I'm moving forward. It won't be easy at times but I will not be deterred!

Stay tuned for life's next happenings in my little corner of the universe. I'll leave you with a little quote I picked up in my travels.

Semper Fi

"Don't judge my story by the chapter you walked in on."


No comments:

Post a Comment