Monday, November 21, 2011

There is always something more to learn....

I have to very smart childre, Both are athletic and attending major universities with full scholarships. Additionally, my kids are by no means sheltered. Having said all of that, here is a recent text from my oldest. Classic!! "So I learned how alcohol is measured today...a customer calls and asks for the price on a fifth of mccormick vodka. I ask "a fifth of what," he replies "mccormick." A little lost, I ask again, "a fifth out of how much." Customer sounds confused and just asks again for the price. I tell him I have to know the size of the bottle, and again he says a fifth. I start another question when he interrupts with "it says on the bottle if its a fifth or not." I'm just glad I know what to look for and head to the shelf...turns out none of the bottles read "fifth" anywhere. Drag my ass back to the phone, and have to tell the guy none of the bottles say "fifth" on them. He's mad at this point, so I just ask how many ounces the bottle is. He doesn't know, so I ask if he knew about how many liters the bottle he needs is, and he says, "what's a liter?" At this point someone else walks by and I ask them if they know what he's asking for, and they run right to the shelf for a 750ml bottle...a fifth of a gallon...and all I can do is shake my head."

No comments:

Post a Comment