Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving & Change

Here we are on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My sons football team did not make the state finals, so no trip over the Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe next year!! Looks out, here comes basketball as the sports change.
This is my first Thanksgiving not spent with my family. It is not "bad" necessarily, although there are many things I miss. Change is hard, no doubt.
I start a new career next week and there are lots of scary things that go with that change. I am confident in my abilities, but so many people are counting on me. There are still so many things I want to do in my life and so for those around me. Will I be able to accomplish any of it? Yet another change to deal with.
Growing up I was all about control. I had the "illusion" that I could control it all. Life, family, career whatever. When did I finally realize it was not possible? Have I really?
Oh well, I am thankful. Thankful for what I have had and for what I have. Thankful for good friends and great family. Most of all I guess I am thankful that I am am still in the game.
Happy Thanksgiving...I'm going for a turkey sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment